Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Woke Up in Love

I was in class yesterday reviewing for my final and in the back of my notebook I found some pages of notes I had written that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the lectures in class lol. The poem below is a product of me being physically in class, but mentally in an entire different world. A collection of thoughts in poetic verse :)

In the eternal depths of solitude
Hidden behind foolish pride
My mouth won't utter my heart's truth
Alone.


Inseparable.
Watching what used to be wither away.
Nostalgic.
Reminiscent of a time before
A time painted on the beautiful canvas of life.


Betrayed.
Now the colors fade.
Unfamiliar with these new shades


Feeling like that 15 year old girl
Not again.
Naiive again.
Betrayed again.
Starting over....again.


Lost everyone in search of THE ONE

Emotions bleed across my paper


No tears, just lost years.
What happened?


Sitting with my notebook
I grab a pen.
Ready to jot down my feelings.
The emotions within.


Just another girl.


This thing between us can't be explained.
I love you. But why???


Prisoner of my heart's desires.
Binded to irrational feelings.


A reflection of beauty
A glimpse of forever
Shaded by the past


Journey through my life.
Lived through disappointment
Disappointment wrapped in security
Hunger of the heart.
Wanting. Needing. Craving.


I woke up in love

No comments:

Post a Comment